About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

God’s Promises to me

James 4:4  

You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

1 John 2:15-17  

15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 

16  For everything in the world—the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does—comes not from the Father but from the world. 

17 The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.
About growing God

Isaiah 46:4  

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

Psalms 37:25  

I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.

Psalms 71:17-18  

17 Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.

18 Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.

About striving for Power

1 Corinthians 3:18-19  

18 Do not deceive yourselves. If any one of you thinks he is wise by the standards of this age, he should become a “fool” so that he may become wise. 

19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”;

James 3:16-17 

16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.

17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.

1 Peter 5:5-6  

5 Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment