About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Waiting upon God

For salvation:

Psalms 62:1-2 

1 My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

2 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

For guidance and teachings:

Psalms 25:5 

Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

For protection:

Psalms 33:20 

We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.

Psalms 59:9-10 

9 O my Strength, I watch for you; you, O God, are my fortress, 

10 my loving God. God will go before me and will let me gloat over those who slander me.

The fulfillment of His Word:

Hebrews 2:3 

How shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him.

The fulfillment of His Promises:

Acts 1:4 

On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.

Hope and righteousness by faith:

Galatians 5:5 

But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope.

Coming of Christ:

1 Corinthians 1:7 

Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed.

1 Thessalonians 1:10 

And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.

Is good:

Psalms 52:9 I 

Will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment