About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Hindrances to Unity

~ Spiritual pride

Ezekiel 28:6 

“‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: “‘Because you think you are wise, as wise as a god,

~ Dispute & debate

Acts 15:2 

This brought Paul and Barnabas into sharp dispute and debate with them. So Paul and Barnabas were appointed, along with some other believers, to go up to Jerusalem to see the apostles and elders about this question.

~ Rejecting the advice

1 Kings 12:8 

But Rehoboam rejected the advice the elders gave him and consulted the young men who had grown up with him and were serving him.

~ Being offended

John 6:61 

Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you?

John 6:66 

From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

~ Soulish love

Matthew 10:36-37 

36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.’

37 “Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

~ Hero worship

1 Corinthians 1:11-12

11 My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 

12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas’”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

~ Sharp disagreement

Acts 15:39 

They had such a sharp disagreement that they parted company. Barnabas took Mark and sailed for Cyprus,

~ The Spirit of antichrist

1 John 2:18-19 

18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. 

19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment