About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Comforting Words…

Bible Verses to Comfort the Hurting 

Comforting Words…

Psalms 119:48-52  

48 I lift up my hands to your commands, which I love, and I meditate on your decrees.

49 Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope.

50 My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

51 The arrogant mock me without restraint, but I do not turn from your law.

52 I remember your ancient laws, O LORD, and I find comfort in them.

Lamentations 3:31-32 

31 For men are not cast off by the Lord forever.

32 Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.

John 14:16-18 

16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever

17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 

18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

John 14:26-27 

26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 

27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Lamentations 3:22-23 

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Psalms 30:5 

For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

Psalms 71:20-21 

20 Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.

21 You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.

John 16:22 

22 So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.

2 Corinthians 5:17 

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Revelation 21:5  

He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment