About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Building on Rock and on Sand

[The Parable of Jesus Christ]

Matthew 7:24-27

Build on the Rock

     “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

   “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

Luke 6:47-49
Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like: He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock. But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell. And the ruin of that house was great.”

Questions in Nehemiah

5:9
Then I said, “What you are doing is not good. Should you not walk in the fear of our God because of the reproach of the nations, our enemies?

6:3
So I sent messengers to them, saying, “I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down. Why should the work
cease while I leave it and go down to you?”

6:11
And I said, “Should such a man as I flee? And who is there such as I who would go into the temple to save his life? I will not go in!”

Thought 

. Oh, beware!  Do not seek to be something!  Let me be nothing, and Christ be all in all. - John Wesley

[Message No: 7228]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment