About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, August 3, 2019

The Cloud

“Whenever the cloud lifted from above the tent, the Israelites set out; wherever the cloud settled, the Israelites encamped.” Numbers 9:17

I put a lot of thought into figuring out God’s will for my life. I don’t know about you, but I fret over where I need to work or live. I pray and ask God if I’m headed in the right direction. I want to make sure I am following where he leads.

Though my intentions are good, I don’t think following Jesus is as complicated as I like to make it. A local radio personality puts it this way, “We are called to love God and serve people.” It’s that simple.
I suppose we modern Christians tend to think we need a long-term plan in order to follow Jesus. Just as with business or personal goals, we like to map out where we want to be in 5 or 10 years. I think we all need to remember that God will lead us when we need to move. His Spirit will show us the way. We merely need to know Him so that we recognize his voice and move when he tells us to.

Classes Mentioned in the Bible

. Fools – Proverbs 26:11

As a dog returns to his own vomit,
 So a fool repeats his folly.

. Gentiles – Matthew 15:26-27

But He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the little dogs.”
   And she said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.”

. Backsliders – 2 Peter 2:20-22

For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

Thought 

. That a few simple men should in one generation have invented so powerful and appealing a personality, so lofty an ethic and so inspiring a vision of human brotherhood, would be a miracle far more incredible than any recorded in the Gospel. - Will Durant

[Message No: 7175]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment