About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, August 8, 2019

God is my Abba Father

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. — 1 John 4:18

While I approach God with reverence and awe because he is the holy and majestic God, I don't have to fear his presence. Because of Jesus and the Holy Spirit, I know God is my Abba Father. He longs for me to draw near him. He has shown me his heart by sending Jesus. He has shown me his love by having Jesus die for me. If he loves me that much, then I can trust that his desire is to save and bless me. I don't have to fear his presence or his judgment. As his child, his love has driven fear from my heart and replaced it with love from his abiding presence, the Holy Spirit.

The “Go” of Relationship

Matthew 5:41
And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.

The Unblameable Attitude

Matthew 5:23
Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,

The Soul’s Quests

. That I may win Christ

Philippians 3:8
Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ

. That I may know Him

Philippians  3:10
that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,

Thought 

. Thou hast no life to lose, because thou hast given it already to Christ, nor can man take away that without God’s leave. - William Gurnall

[Message No: 7188]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment