About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, October 28, 2019

All the Days of My Life

“The LORD is my shepherd  I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name’s sake….” Psalm 23:1-3

Thank you, Lord, that you are my Shepherd, I shall not be in want. Thank you that you make me lie down in green pastures, you lead me beside quiet waters, you restore my soul. Guide me, Lord, in paths of righteousness for your name’s sake. When I walk in dark valleys, please help me to not fear. Thank you that you are with me — you correct and comfort me. Thank you for dealing with my enemies and providing what I need in times of trouble. Thank you that your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever! Amen.

All Praises to Him

All praise to Him who built the hills;
All praise to Him the streams  who fills;
All praise to Him who lights each star
That sparkles in the blue afar.

God Uses Our Suffering

Joseph’s life involved much suffering. The young man was betrayed by his brothers, sold into slavery, unjustly imprisoned, and forgotten. But when God’s plan was revealed, Joseph declared that it was good (Genesis. 45:7-8).

Life is full of trouble. But in the hands of a loving God, our suffering is being used for eternal purposes.

Satan’s Strategy

Read: Luke 22:31-62
When Satan sifts believers, his goal is to damage our faith so much that we’re useless to God. He wants us shelved far from the action of the Lord’s kingdom. Therefore, he goes for our strengths–the areas where we believe ourselves to be invincible, or at least very well protected.
And when the Devil succeeds, we are disappointed and demoralized. But we don’t have to stay that way.

God-Given Ability

“And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.”  Philippians 1:6

Since God has graciously granted us endurance, we do have the ability to complete our race on earth. We may struggle to get there, but we shouldn’t ever quit. As Paul states later in his letter to the church in Philippi, we have the strength to continue on in Christ: “I can do all this through him who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13).

[Message No: 7341]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment