About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, October 11, 2019

Facing Life’s Obstacle

Joshua 1:1-9

As Joshua stepped into Moses’ giant-sized sandals, he faced a tremendous challenge: bringing the Israelites into the Promised Land. The responsibility was huge, and we can surmise from the Lord’s repeated commands to “be strong and courageous” that Joshua was probably not feeling up to the task (Josh. 1:6-7; Josh. 1:9).

At one time or another, we all face obstacles that seem insurmountable. The question is, How will we respond? Some people try to push through or manipulate their way around the barriers, while others wallow in hopelessness and give up. But the Lord wants us to trust Him to remove each impediment. Believe Him—He always keeps His promises.

Prophet Moses

Exodus 7:3-5
But I will harden Pharaoh’s heart,  and though I multiply my signs and wonders  in Egypt,   he will not listen  to you. Then I will lay my hand on Egypt and with mighty acts of judgment  I will bring out my divisions,  my people the Israelites.   And the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord  when I stretch out my hand  against Egypt and bring the Israelites out of it.”

Exodus 7:9

When Pharaoh says to you, ‘Perform a miracle, ’ then say to Aaron, ‘Take your staff and throw it down before Pharaoh,’ and it will become a snake.”

Prophet – Joseph

Genesis 37:7-10

We were binding sheaves  of grain out in the field when suddenly my sheaf rose and stood upright, while your sheaves gathered around mine and bowed down to it.”

    His brothers said to him, “Do you intend to reign over us? Will you actually rule us?”  And they hated him all the more  because of his dream and what he had said.

    Then he had another dream,  and he told it to his brothers. “Listen,” he said, “I had another dream, and this time the sun and moon and eleven stars  were bowing down to me.”

    When he told his father as well as his brothers,  his father rebuked  him and said, “What is this dream you had? Will your mother and I and your brothers actually come and bow down to the ground before you?”

[Message No: 7306]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment