About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, January 31, 2020

An Incorruptible Crown

[For those with disciplined bodies]
1 Corinthians 9:25-27

An Incorruptible Crown
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown  that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.    Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly;  I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 

No, I strike a blow to my body  and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

One Breath

Psalm 39:5-7
You have made my days  a mere handbreadth;
 the span of my years is as nothing before you.
 Everyone is but a breath,
 even those who seem secure.

    “Surely everyone goes around  like a mere phantom;
 in vain they rush about,  heaping up wealth
 without knowing whose it will finally be.
    “But now, Lord, what do I look for?
 My hope is in you.

Happy Endings

1 Peter 1:13
Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober,  set your hope  on the grace to be brought to you  when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming.

Come to Me

Matthew 11:28
“Come to me,  all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

His Word Remains Forever

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

[Message No: 7495]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment