About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, January 18, 2020

The life that wins respect

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody. — 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

What's your ambition? I don't know about you, but I'm not so sure I could say my ambition is to "live a quiet life ...." But when I hear the reason for that directive, I understand. So many people I meet are frazzled, run down, and exhausted with all their "busy-ness."

So let's make a commitment to cycle down a little, trust God more and more each day, and seek to live a life that wins the respect of those around us!

When to Praise

. All day Long – Psalm 71:8
My mouth  is filled with your praise,
 declaring your splendor  all day long.

. All my Life – Psalm 146:2
I will praise the Lord all my life;
 I will sing praise  to my God as long as I live.

. Always be On – Psalm 34:1
I will extol the Lord at all times;
 his praise will always be on my lips.

. When Downcast – Psalm 43:5
Why, my soul, are you downcast?
 Why so disturbed within me?
 Put your hope in God,
 for I will yet praise him,
 my Savior and my God.

. About Midnight – Acts 16:25
About midnight  Paul and Silas  were praying and singing hymns  to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them.

. Sunrise to Sunset – Psalm 113:3
From the rising of the sun  to the place where it sets,
 the name of the Lord is to be praised.

. For Ever and Ever – Psalm 45:17
I will perpetuate your memory through all generations;
 therefore the nations will praise you  for ever and ever.

[Message No: 7471]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment