About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Spiritual Scrutiny

Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God. — John 3:20-21

What's the power behind your life? One clear way to find out is to come to Jesus and ask him to search you and reveal anything spiritually unhealthy, anything unholy, in you. Opening ourselves up to the light of his scrutiny, to the truth of his Light, gives us a remarkable sense of freedom. We don't have anything to hide. Then God can do some truly remarkable things in us and through us because there are no distorted motives.

Prayer 

Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk
 through the darkest valley,
 I will fear no evil,
 for you are with me;
 your rod and your staff,
 they comfort me.
Psalm 116:1-2
I love the Lord,  for he heard my voice;
 he heard my cry  for mercy.
    Because he turned his ear  to me,
 I will call on him as long as I live.

New Things

. Repentance – A new mind about God

Acts 20:21
I have declared to both Jews  and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance  and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

. Justification – A new state before God

Romans 4:25
He was delivered over to death for our sins  and was raised to life for our justification.

[Message No: 7472]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment