About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, January 20, 2020

Spending Time with our Lord

Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." — Mark 6:31

"Come away." We do need to withdraw — not once-in-a-while, but often, daily! What is incredible is that Jesus invites his disciples (today that's us!) to withdraw with him to a quiet place and rest with him. The little childhood prayer is appropriate here: "Now I lay me down to sleep and pray the Lord my soul to keep." Only this isn't just about a good night's sleep; it's about taking time in the middle of our wild and crazy days to join him for a few moments of grace, rest, for His assurances and guidance.

God, My Exceeding Joy

Psalm 43:4
Then I will go  to the altar  of God,
 to God, my joy  and my delight.
 I will praise you with the lyre,
 O God, my God.

How Saul Worshiped the Lord?

. With self-justifying

2 Samuel 15:20
You came only yesterday. And today shall I make you wander  about with us, when I do not know where I am going? Go back, and take your people with you. May the Lord show you kindness and faithfulness.”

. By substituting sacrifices  for obedience

2 Samuel 15:22
David said to Ittai, “Go ahead, march on.” So Ittai the Gittite marched on with all his men and the families that were with him.
How Saul Worshiped the Lord?

. With the spirit of arrogance

2 Samuel 15:23
The whole countryside wept aloud  as all the people passed by. The king also crossed the Kidron Valley,  and all the people moved on toward the wilderness.

. By violating God’s command

2 Samuel 15:24
Zadok  was there, too, and all the Levites who were with him were carrying the ark  of the covenant of God. They set down the ark of God, and Abiathar  offered sacrifices until all the people had finished leaving the city.

[Message No: 7474]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment