About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, October 14, 2013

Bible verses for strength

One thing that we really find clearly conveyed in the Bible verses for strength that we have selected is that the source of a Christian's strength is from God and in God. When he is with us and behind us on any task to which he has sent us, God will equip us with his strength--a strength that the Bible describes as greater than any other in the entire universe.

There is not any person or any spiritual power that can stand up to the God who created the universe.

There are times when we may feel like we do not have the strength needed to carry on. And Jesus can probably relate to us on this since he struggled in the garden before the crucifixion, praying in turmoil to his Father. Yet, God gave him the strength to carry on. He will do the same for us.

Deuteronomy 3:16

But to the Reubenites and the Gadites I gave the territory extending from Gilead down to the Arnon Gorge (the middle of the gorge being the border) and out to the Jabbok River, which is the border of the Ammonites.

Deuteronomy 20:4

For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.”

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Isaiah 40:31

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Psalms 31:24

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.

1 Corinthians 16:13

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.

Isaiah 41:10

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalms 23:4

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Ephesians 6:10

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

1 Chronicles 29:12

Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.

Ecclesiastes 7:19

Wisdom makes one wise man more powerful than ten rulers in a city.

1 Chronicles 16:11

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.

1 Peter 4:11

If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Philippians 1:28

Without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved—and that by God.

Job 36:5

“God is mighty, but does not despise men; he is mighty, and firm in his purpose.

2 Samuel 22:40

You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet.

Psalms 46:1

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

2 Samuel 2:1


In the course of time, David inquired of the LORD. “Shall I go up to one of the towns of Judah?” he asked. The LORD said, “Go up.” David asked, “Where shall I go?” “To Hebron,” the LORD answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment