About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Eternal Things

Israel’s name

Isaiah 56:5  

To them I will give within my temple and its walls a memorial and a name better than sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name that will not be cut off.

Israel’s marriage to God

Hosea 2:14-19 

14 “Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her.

15 There I will give her back her vineyards, and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope. There she will sing as in the days of her youth, as in the day she came up out of Egypt.

16 “In that day,” declares the LORD, “you will call me ‘my husband’; you will no longer call me ‘my master.’

17 I will remove the names of the Baals from her lips; no longer will their names be invoked.

18 In that day I will make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field and the birds of the air and the creatures that move along the ground. Bow and sword and battle I will abolish from the land, so that all may lie down in safety.

19 I will betroth you to me forever; will betroth you in righteousness and justice, in love and compassion.

Jerusalem-Zion

Psalms 48:8  

As we have heard, so have we seen in the city of the LORD Almighty, in the city of our God: God makes her secure forever.

Psalms 78:69  

He built his sanctuary like the heights, like the earth that he established forever.

Psalms 125:1  

Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever.

Isaiah 33:20  

Look upon Zion, the city of our festivals; your eyes will see Jerusalem, a peaceful abode, a tent that will not be moved; its stakes will never be pulled up, nor any of its ropes broken.

Isaiah 60:15  

“Although you have been forsaken and hated, with no one traveling through, I will make you the everlasting pride and the joy of all generations.

Jeremiah 17:25

 Then kings who sit on David's throne will come through the gates of this city with their officials. They and their officials will come riding in chariots and on horses, accompanied by the men of Judah and those living in Jerusalem and this city will be inhabited forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment