About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Examples of waiting on God

Jacob

Genesis 49:18  

“I look for your deliverance, O LORD.

David

Psalms 25:4-5  

4 Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;

5 guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalms 25:21  

May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you.

Psalms 33:18-22  

18 But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,

19 to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine.

20 We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.

21 In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.

22 May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you.

Isaiah

Isaiah 8:17  

I will wait for the LORD, who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob. I will put my trust in him.

Jeremiah

Jeremiah 14:22  

Do any of the worthless idols of the nations bring rain? Do the skies themselves send down showers? No, it is you, O LORD our God. Therefore our hope is in you, for you are the one who does all this.

Micah

Micah 7:7  


But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment