About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Self-Control

1 Peter 4:7

The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.

1 Peter 5:8

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Psalms 141:3

Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips.

James 1:19

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,

Psalms 17:3

Though you probe my heart and examine me at night, though you test me, you will find nothing; I have resolved that my mouth will not sin.

Proverbs 16:3

Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

Proverbs 21:23

He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity.

Job 3:1

After this, Job opened his mouth and cursed the day of his birth.

Isaiah 53:7

He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.

Mark 14:61

But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer. Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?”

Matthew 27:27

Then the governor's soldiers took Jesus into the Praetorium and gathered the whole company of soldiers around him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment