About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, October 11, 2013

Quotes

R.A. Torrey’s Quotes

If you are this moment troubled about any sin that you have ever committed, either in the past or in the present, just look at Jesus on the cross. It is an act of base ingratitude to God to brood over sins that He, in His infinite love, has cancelled.

God’s Word is pure and sure, in spite of the devil, in spite of your fear, in spite of everything.

Ravi Zacharias quotes

“What I believe in my heart must make sense in my mind.”

“There is no greater discovery than seeing God as the author of your destiny.”

 “Yes, if truth is not undergirded by love, it makes the possessor of that truth obnoxious and the truth repulsive.”

Quotes:

Jesus says to you and me, ‘I want to share with you what I have achieved. I want to live in you. I want to share my risen life with you.’ How do we get it? We cannot buy it, cannot earn it, cannot work for it-no matter how hard we try. In fact the harder we try, the less likely we are of getting it, because the point is that it is a free gift! We can only accept it free! We can only receive it! We don’t get it by being good! We get it by grace, i.e. Jesus Christ living in us - Cyril Brooks

God often comforts us, not by changing the circumstances of our lives, but by changing our attitude toward them - S.H.B. Masterman

Obedience

God’s means of delivering us from sin is not by making us stronger and stronger, but by making us weaker and weaker.   Watchman Nee

Until you have given up yourself to Him you will not have a real self.    C.S. Lewis

Only he who believes is obedient and only he who is obedient believes.   Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Thoughts

~ I came from God, and I'm going back to God, and I won't have any gaps of death in the middle of my life. - George Macdonald

~ In every place where you find the imprint of men's feet there am I. - The Talmud

~ Live your human task in the liberating certainty that nothing in the world can separate you from God's love for you. - Brakkenstein




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment