About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Examples of Changed Countenances

Cain

Genesis 4:5-6

5 but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.

6 Then the LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast?

Laban

Genesis 31:2-5

2 And Jacob noticed that Laban's attitude toward him was not what it had been.

3 Then the LORD said to Jacob, “Go back to the land of your fathers and to your relatives, and I will be with you.”

4 So Jacob sent word to Rachel and Leah to come out to the fields where his flocks were.

5 He said to them, “I see that your father's attitude toward me is not what it was before, but the God of my father has been with me.

Hazel

2 Kings 8:11

He stared at him with a fixed gaze until Hazael felt ashamed. Then the man of God began to weep.

Nehemiah

Nehemiah 2:2-3

2 so the king asked me, “Why does your face look so sad when you are not ill? This can be nothing but sadness of heart.” I was very much afraid,

3 but I said to the king, “May the king live forever! Why should my face not look sad when the city where my fathers are buried lies in ruins, and its gates have been destroyed by fire?”

Daniel

Daniel 7:28

This is the end of the matter. I, Daniel, was deeply troubled by my thoughts, and my face turned pale, but I kept the matter to myself.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment