About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, August 11, 2014

Abiding in Christ by the Holy Spirit

Abiding in Christ by the Holy Spirit 

John 3:5 


Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.  


John 7:37-39 


37 On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. 


38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.” 


39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.


John 14:12-17 


12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 


13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 


14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.


15 “If you love me, you will obey what I command. 


16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 


17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.


John 14:26 


But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.


John 15:26 


“When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.


John 16:7-15 


7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 


8 When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: 


9 in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; 


10 in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 


11 and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.


12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 


13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.


14 He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. 


15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment