About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Holy Spirit in the Bible



The Holy Spirit in the Bible 

Holy Spirit shapes creation, quickens living beings and operates in nature and history.

Genesis 1:2 

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Genesis 2:7 

The LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Job 33:4 

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

Psalms 33:6 

By the word of the LORD were the heavens made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth.

Psalms 104:29 

When you hide your face, they are terrified; when you take away their breath, they die and return to the dust.

30 When you send your Spirit, they are created, and you renew the face of the earth.

Isaiah 34:16 

Look in the scroll of the LORD and read: None of these will be missing, not one will lack her mate. For it is his mouth that has given the order, and his Spirit will gather them together.

Reveals God’s messages to his prophets, priests and judges:

Numbers 24:2 

When Balaam looked out and saw Israel encamped tribe by tribe, the Spirit of God came upon him

2 Samuel 23:2 

“The Spirit of the LORD spoke through me; his word was on my tongue.

Nehemiah 9:30 

For many years you were patient with them. By your Spirit you admonished them through your prophets. Yet they paid no attention, so you handed them over to the neighboring peoples.

Job 33:4 

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

Isaiah 61:1-4 

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,

2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,

3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.

4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations.

Ezekiel 2:2 As he spoke, the Spirit came into me and raised me to my feet, and I heard him speaking to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment