About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, August 29, 2014

Old and New Covenant Contrasts

Old and New Covenant Contrasts 

Came by Moses:


John 1:17 


For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
Came by Christ:


Hebrews 8:6 


But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, and it is founded on better promises.


Hebrews 9:15 


For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.


Law of Moses:


Acts 13:38-39 


38 “Therefore, my brothers, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. 


39 Through him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses.


Law of Christ:


Galatians 6:2 


Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.


Law of sin:


Romans 7:23 


But I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.


Romans 8:2 


Because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.


Law of righteousness:


Romans 9:31 


But Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment