About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, August 9, 2014

What the Bible says about Old Age

What the Bible says about Old Age 

Proverbs 16:31 


Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life.


Job 12:12 


Is not wisdom found among the aged? Does not long life bring understanding?


Isaiah 46:4 


Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.


Psalms 71:18 


Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.


Psalms 92:14 


They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green,


Titus 2:2 


Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love and in endurance.


2 Corinthians 4:16 


Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.


Proverbs 20:29 


The glory of young men is their strength, gray hair the splendor of the old.


Leviticus 19:32 


“‘Rise in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God. I am the LORD.


Isaiah 40:31 


but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


Psalms 90:10 


The length of our days is seventy years— or eighty, if we have the strength; yet their span is but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away.


Job 5:26 


You will come to the grave in full vigor, like sheaves gathered in season.


Genesis 6:3 


Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment