About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Paul’s confidence in the power of the Gospel

Paul’s confidence in the power of the Gospel

Romans 1:11 


I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong—


Romans 1:16 


I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.


Romans 15:17-21 


17 Therefore I glory in Christ Jesus in my service to God. 


18 I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done— 


19 by the power of signs and miracles, through the power of the Spirit. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ. 


20 It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that I would not be building on someone else's foundation. 


21 Rather, as it is written: “Those who were not told about him will see, and those who have not heard will understand.”


Romans 12:3-8 


3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. 


4 Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 


5 so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 


6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 


7 If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 


8 if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment