About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, August 8, 2014

The Holy Spirit in the Bible

The Holy Spirit in the Bible 

Psalms 51:10 


Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.


12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.


Isaiah 11:2 


The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him— the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD—


Isaiah 44:3 


For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.


Ezekiel 11:19 


I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.


Ezekiel 36:25-27 


25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 


26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 


27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.


Ezekiel 37:14 


I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD.’”


Ezekiel 39:29 


I will no longer hide my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit on the house of Israel, declares the Sovereign LORD.”


Joel 2:28 


“And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.


29 Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days.


Zechariah 12:10 


“And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment