About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Knowing God’s Will


In 10 Steps

Psalms 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.

9 Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you.

 1. Be in harmony with God's Word and Law

Isaiah 8:20

To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, they have no light of dawn.

Psalms 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

2. Be willing to do God's will

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

John 7:17

If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

James 4:13-15

13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.”

14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that.”

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Proverbs 16:25

There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.
Contd.,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment