About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Uses of “Sore” in Scripture


Sore travail

Ecclesiastes 1:13

I devoted myself to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under heaven. What a heavy burden God has laid on men!

Ecclesiastes 4:8

There was a man all alone; he had neither son nor brother. There was no end to his toil, yet his eyes were not content with his wealth. “For whom am I toiling,” he asked, “and why am I depriving myself of enjoyment?” This too is meaningless— a miserable business!

Sore Evil

Ecclesiastes 5:13

I have seen a grievous evil under the sun: wealth hoarded to the harm of its owner,

Ecclesiastes 5:16

This too is a grievous evil: As a man comes, so he departs, and what does he gain, since he toils for the wind?

Sore Botch

Deuteronomy 28:35

The LORD will afflict your knees and legs with painful boils that cannot be cured, spreading from the soles of your feet to the top of your head.

Sore Sickness

Deuteronomy 28:59

The LORD will send fearful plagues on you and your descendants, harsh and prolonged disasters, and severe and lingering illnesses.

Sore Distress

Judges 10:9

The Ammonites also crossed the Jordan to fight against Judah, Benjamin and the house of Ephraim; and Israel was in great distress.

1 Samuel 28:15

Samuel said to Saul, “Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?” “I am in great distress,” Saul said. “The Philistines are fighting against me, and God has turned away from me. He no longer answers me, either by prophets or by dreams. So I have called on you to tell me what to do.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment