About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

You are to be a strong, bold witness.


Scripture Acts: 18:9-10 one night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city”.

You are to speak about the death of Christ, that His death redeems man. There is no argument about the grace of God, no argument about the Lord Jesus Christ and His death. Unquestionably, God loves the world. He has demonstrated His love by sending His Son into the world to redeem man. You are, therefore, to proclaim the death of Christ for the sins of the world.

You are to use every method of speech and communication there is. You are to declare the grace of God and the death of His Son for the sins of the world.

You are to exhort people in death of Christ, how His death redeems man. The word exhorts means to encourage. People are lonely, empty, without purpose, discouraged, distressed, and without hope. They need to hear the glorious message of God’s grace, of the Lord Jesus Christ. They need to hear about the wonderful life God gives us now and eternally—all through the Lord Jesus Christ and His death.

Born again:

How is a person born again? A person is born again, according to the Bible, when he is willing to repent of his sins, to say, ‘O God, I have sinned. I’m sorry for my sin. Please forgive me and help me. I’m willing to turn from my sins.

Thoughts

I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry.  He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure.  He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God.  Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD. - Psalm 40:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment