About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, January 18, 2021

Coming to Jesus for Rest - 1

. Jesus lover of my soul

John 15:13-19

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.    You are my friends  if you do what I command.    I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.    You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you  so that you might go and bear fruit —fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.    This is my command: Love each other. 

   The World Hates the Disciples

  “If the world hates you,  keep in mind that it hated me first.   If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you  out of the world. That is why the world hates you

. Now I come to thee for rest

Isaiah 57:20-21

But the wicked  are like the tossing sea, 

 which cannot rest,

 whose waves cast up mire  and mud.

    “There is no peace,”  says my God, “for the wicked.”

. Cleansed from all unrighteousness

1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins  and purify us from all unrighteousness.

. Thou who has for sinners died

Isaiah chapter 53 = Kindly read the full chapter

. Hide me in Thy secret place

Psalm 91:1

Whoever dwells in the shelter  of the Most High

 will rest in the shadow  of the Almighty.

. Saviour, Thou hast bid me come

Matthew 11:28

“Come to me,  all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.    Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,  for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

[Message No: 7954]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment