About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Sharing – Eternal Victory

[The Lord says] "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." — Isaiah 41:10

Fear saps our will power and leaves us feeling depleted and hopeless. Yet very few of us have ever experienced a defeat so complete and bitter as the one God's people faced when Isaiah shared this message of hope. The preservation of Israel through their horrors to the time of Jesus, the resurrection of Jesus from the dead when all appeared lost, the triumph of the Church through centuries of persecution and opposition are all powerful reminders that underneath us are the everlasting arms of a mighty and loving God who will ultimately bring us to share in his eternal victory.

Ways to Unselfish Life

- Not pleasing ourselves

Romans 15:1

Now the tax collectors and sinners were all gathering around to hear Jesus.

Romans 15:3

Then Jesus told them this parable:

- Seeking the good of others

1 Corinthians 10:33

even as I try to please everyone in every way.  For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many,  so that they may be saved.

- Becoming slave to win others

 1 Corinthians 9:19

Though I am free  and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone,  to win as many as possible.

- Being crucified with Christ

Galatians 2:20

I have been crucified with Christ  and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God,  who loved me  and gave himself for me.

- Considering everything loss

Philippians 3:8

What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing  Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ

[Message No: 7948]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment