About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, January 22, 2021

God is a Good God

Exodus 15:26

There the Lord issued a ruling and instruction for them and put them to the test.    He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep  all his decrees,  I will not bring on you any of the diseases  I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals  you.”

Ephesians 1:17-18

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father,  may give you the Spirit of wisdom  and revelation, so that you may know him better.   I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened  in order that you may know the hope to which he has called  you, the riches  of his glorious inheritance  in his holy people,

James 1:22-25

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.    Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror   and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.   But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom,  and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

Galatians 6:7-9

Do not be deceived:  God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.    Whoever sows to please their flesh,  from the flesh will reap destruction;  whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.    Let us not become weary in doing good,  for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

2 Samuel 24:24

But the king replied to Araunah, “No, I insist on paying you for it. I will not sacrifice to the Lord my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing.” 

 So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen and paid fifty shekels  of silver for them.

Thought 

. I will thank and praise God for the strength of my body enabling me to work, for the refreshment of sleep, for my daily bread, for the days of painless health, for the gift of my mind and the gift of my conscience, for His loving guidance of my mind ever since it first began to think, and of my heart ever since I first began to love. - Edward King

[Message No: 7959]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment