About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Examples of Deep Sleep…part 1


Adam

Genesis 2:21  

So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh.

Abraham

Genesis 15:12  

As the sun was setting, Abram fell into a deep sleep, and a thick and dreadful darkness came over him.

Saul and his army

1 Samuel 25:12  

David's men turned around and went back. When they arrived, they reported every word.

Israel

Isaiah 29:10  

The LORD has brought over you a deep sleep: He has sealed your eyes (the prophets); he has covered your heads (the seers).

Daniel

Daniel 8:18  

While he was speaking to me, I was in a deep sleep, with my face to the ground. Then he touched me and raised me to my feet.

Daniel 10:9  

Then I heard him speaking, and as I listened to him, I fell into a deep sleep, my face to the ground.

Full Victory

In all these things we have full victory through God who showed his love for us.  Romans 8:37
When it comes to healing our spiritual condition, we don’t have a chance. We might as well be told to pole-vault the moon.

Romans 8:37 says: “In all these things we have full victory through God who showed his love for us.”

We don’t have what it takes to be healed. Our only hope is that God will step into our hurt and helplessness and do it for us!

Which is exactly what he’s done!

I wish we would take him at his word. When he says we’re forgiven, let’s unload the guilt. When he says we’re valuable, let’s believe him. When he says we’re provided for, let’s stop worrying.
God’s efforts are strongest when our efforts are useless!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment