About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Reasons for unanswered prayer


Refusing to humble self

2 Chronicles 7:14  

if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Forsaking God

2 Chronicles 15:2  

He went out to meet Asa and said to him, “Listen to me, Asa and all Judah and Benjamin. The LORD is with you when you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will forsake you.

Provoking God

Deuteronomy 3:26

But because of you the LORD was angry with me and would not listen to me. “That is enough,” the LORD said. “Do not speak to me anymore about this matter.

Hardheartedness

Zechariah 7:12-13  

12 They made their hearts as hard as flint and would not listen to the law or to the words that the LORD Almighty had sent by his Spirit through the earlier prophets. So the LORD Almighty was very angry.

13 “‘When I called, they did not listen; so when they called, I would not listen,’ says the LORD Almighty.

Lack of charity

Proverbs 21:13  

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered.

Regarding iniquity in heart

Psalms 66:18  

If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment