About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Lord, Draw Me into a Closer Walk with You.


Lord, I draw  close to You today, grateful that You will draw close to me as You have promised in Your Word (James 4:8). I long to dwell in Your presence, and I want to know You in every way can be known. Teach me what I need to learn in order to know You better. I don’t want to be a person who is always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth (2 Timothy 3:7). I want to know the truth about who You are, because I know that You are near to all who call upon You in truth (Psalm 145:18).

I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be with you. (John 14:16-17).

Lord, help me to set aside time each day to meet with You alone. As I come before You, teach me to pray the way You want me to. Help me to learn more about You. Lord, You have said, if anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink (John 7:37). I thirst for more of You because I am in a dry place without You. I come to You this day and drink deeply of Your Spirit. I know You are everywhere, but I also know there are deeper manifestations of Your presence that I long to experience. Draw me close as I draw near to You, so that I may dwell in Your presence like never before.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. (James 4:8)

Fivefold Promises of Isaiah 41:10

1. I am with you.

2. I am your God.

3. I will strengthen you.

4. I will help

5. I will uphold you.

God loves you…

God loves you the way you are, but He refuses to leave you that way. He wants you to be just like Jesus.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment