About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, December 30, 2011

Kinds of hearts in the Bible


Broken

Psalms 34:18

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalms 51:17

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

Psalms 69:20

Scorn has broken my heart and has left me helpless; I looked for sympathy, but there was none, for comforters, but I found none.

Grieved

Genesis 6:6 

The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain.

Psalms 73:21-22

21 When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered,

22 I was senseless and ignorant; was a brute beast before you. 
     
Willing

Exodus 25:2

 “Tell the Israelites to bring me an offering. You are to receive the offering for me from each man whose heart prompts him to give.

Exodus 35:5 

From what you have, take an offering for the LORD. Everyone who is willing is to bring to the LORD an offering of gold, silver and bronze;

Exodus 35:29 

All the Israelite men and women who were willing brought to the LORD freewill offerings for all the work the LORD through Moses had commanded them to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment