About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

All are against Me

Genesis 42:36

Their father Jacob said to them, “You have deprived me of my children. Joseph is no more and Simeon is no more,  and now you want to take Benjamin.  Everything is against me!

Ephesians 1:17-20

“I pray ... also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know ... his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead…”

I still don't understand resurrection. I get the concept. I believe God did raise Jesus. Every once in a while, I experience that power through the Spirit's work in my life strengthening me for ministry, helping me love others in tough situations, comforting me when I'm broken, giving me insight when I study the Word, and strengthening me in the face of temptation.

I am humbled, thrilled, and left longing for more. I want others I love to experience this awesome power. I'm sure it's the same with you. So let's join together today, thousands of us all around world, and let's pray for God to empower those closest to us to discover his power and to do great things through his Spirit who lives in them.

God has made me Forget

Genesis 41:51

Joseph named his firstborn  Manasseh  and said, “It is because God has made me forget all my trouble and all my father’s household.”

Thoughts 

"Our valleys may be filled with foes and tears; but we can lift our eyes to the hills to see God and the angels, heaven's spectators, who support us according to God's infinite wisdom as they prepare our welcome home." -  Billy Graham

"Men can heal lust. Angels can heal malice. God alone can cure pride."
— John Climacus

[Message No: 6488]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment