About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Love Permits Pain

When he had heard therefore that he was sick, he abode two days still in the same place where he was. John 11:6

In the forefront of this marvelous chapter stands the affirmation, "Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus," as if to teach us that at the very heart and foundation of all God's dealings with us, however dark and mysterious they may be, we must dare to believe in and assert the infinite, unmerited, and unchanging love of God. Love permits pain.

The sisters never doubted that He would speed at all hazards and stay their brother from death, but, "When he had heard therefore that he was sick, he abode two days still in the same place where he was."

The Winding Road of Life

As you follow Him, He will take you on a journey you never would have imagined and it probably won’t look like the journey you envisioned for yourself. We will never fully understand His mysterious ways and all the twists and turns in the paths we travel in relationship with the Lord. But I would rather travel the roads of life with Him than any other way.

Psalm 25:4-5

Show me Your ways, O LORD;
Teach me Your paths
  Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
  For You are the God of my salvation: 
 On You I wait all the day.

Spiritual Quote

"Not only does sin hinder prayer; prayer hinders sin. The two are always opposed. The more careless we are about sin, the less we will pray. The more we pray, the less careless we will be about sin. Both sin and prayer are powerful forces. Which one is moving you?" - Dr. Alvin Vander Griend

I know their Sorrows

Exodus 3:7

The Lord said, “I have indeed seen  the misery  of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned  about their suffering.

[Message No: 6481]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment