About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

'The Power to Lay It Down'

“Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.” - John 10:17-18

Jesus didn't just die; he died with power and authority. His life wasn't taken from him; he laid it down willingly to die for our sins. His crucifixion was an apparent defeat for him, but it was turned into a lasting defeat for the evil one who sought to use Jesus' death to win a victory over God. No one could take Jesus' life. He gave it willingly to save us and purchase us from death. The cross is God's power demonstrated in humanity's worst forum. The cross is our glory!

Thoughts 

"A comprehended god is no god." - St. John Chrysostom

"We must shift our interest from the seen to the unseen. For the great unseen Reality is God." - A.W. Tozer

"It is easier to ridicule than commend." - Thomas Fuller

"Lord revive Your church and begin with me." - Chinese Christian

Surrendering to the Holy Spirit

“As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit — just as it has taught you, remain in him.” – 1 John 2:27

When we became Christians, we were not only cleansed by the Holy Spirit, we were also filled with the Holy Spirit. John speaks of this as our anointing. The Spirit helps us hear the truth about Jesus and keeps us from surrendering that truth to false teaching that would diminish either side of Jesus' identity — Jesus, God with us and God like us. We abide in Jesus when we hold on to both of these incredible truths.

Prayer

. Almighty and victorious King of the Ages, you are the only rightful ruler of my heart. I pledge my allegiance to you. Please help me as I seek to lay aside my struggles with sin and empower me to live for you in unwavering loyalty. In the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

[Message No: 6462]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment