About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, November 30, 2013

God’s Word for God’s People

God’s Word for God’s People

If You Love Me...

John 14:15

“If you love me, you will obey what I command.

John 14:21

Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”

John 14:23

Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

John 15:12

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.

Faith Quotes

Anselm - “I believe in order that I may understand.”

Unknown – “Fear can keep us up all night long, but faith makes one fine pillow.”

Rex Rouis - “Faith is a heart received sanction by the Sovereign of Heaven; given the moment His will for a specific promise has been met.”

Obedience

Greatness in the kingdom of God is measured in terms of obedience.   John Stott

He who always waits upon God, is ready whomsoever he calls. He is a happy man who so lives that death at all times may find him at leisure to die.   Owen Feltham

Faith and obedience are inescapably related. There is no saving faith in God apart from obedience to God, and there can be no godly obedience without godly faith.   John MacArthur

Ravi Zacharias quotes

-  “We have a right to believe whatever we want, but not everything we believe is right.”

-- “I think the reason we sometimes have the false sense that God is so far away is because that is where we have put him. We have kept him at a distance, and then when we are in need and call on him in prayer, we wonder where he is. He is exactly where we left him.”

- “What I believe in my heart must make sense in my mind.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment