About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, June 3, 2018

His Own Blood

For our Purchase – Acts 20:28

Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock  of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers.  Be shepherds of the church of God,  which he bought  with his own blood.

For our Losing from Sin – Revelation 1:5

and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness,  the firstborn from the dead,  and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

 To him who loves us  and has freed us from our sins by his blood,

For our Sanctification – Hebrews 13:12

And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate  to make the people holy  through his own blood.

Two Certain Things in the Bible

Goodness and Love of God – Psalm 23:6

Surely your goodness and love  will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Loving God and Neighbour – Matthew 22:39-40

And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’    All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Faith’s Finest Hour

“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.  Come and share your master’s happiness!’ – Matthew 25:21
Faith’s finest hour is when:

. We become totally committed to God

. The master says, “Well done.”

. When we receive our proper recompense

Prayer 

. Father, I ask for patience and self-control. I know these virtues are part of the fruit of your Spirit's presence in my life, so I ask that the Holy Spirit have more impact on my heart and life. Please give me the understanding and wisdom to keep my mouth shut until I have had an opportunity to pray and think about the issues and people involved. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

[Message No: 6342]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment