About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, June 3, 2018

The High Cost of Neglect

“‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. – Matthew 25:28

Neglect has a high cost because:

1. It destroys our  sense of adventure

2. It makes us satisfied with the status quo

3. It places our future in jeopardy with God.

Walking Worthy

Of God – Whose children we are – 1 Thessalonians 2:12

encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy  of God, who calls  you into his kingdom and glory.

Of the Lord – Whose servants we are – Colossians 1:10

so that you may live a life worthy  of the Lord and please him  in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,

of our Vocation – Whose exponent’s we are – Ephesians 4:1

As a prisoner  for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy  of the calling  you have received.

My Father Sent Me!

Then Jesus, still teaching in the temple courts,  cried out, “Yes, you know me, and you know where I am from.  I am not here on my own authority, but he who sent me is true.  You do not know him,   but I know him  because I am from him and he sent me.” - John 7:28-29

Jesus came on a mission. It wasn't a mission of his own initiative. He wasn't looking for honor for himself. He was sent to do the Father's work, to do the Father's mission, and to bring glory to the Father by completing his work. The cost was high: He gave his life to complete the Father's work. The mission was clear: It was to reveal the Father to us.

The amazing thing, however, is that when Jesus ascended, he gave us a very similar mission: "As the Father has sent me, so I am sending you!" (John 20:21). So let's live each day following the example of our Savior, fully committed to represent the one who sent us and to reveal his glory and grace.

[Message No: 6343]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment