About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

The Odd Couple

When the Lord began to speak through Hosea, the Lord said to him, “Go, marry a promiscuous  woman and have children with her, for like an adulterous wife this land is guilty of unfaithfulness  to the Lord.” – Hosea 1:2

Hosea was commanded by God to marry a prostitute for three reasons:

1. To teach the prophet the meaning of divine love

2. To teach the prophet the how patient God is with his people

3. To teach the prophet the value of God’s redeeming grace.

Methods of Bible Study

Synthesis:

This method of Bible study is by gathering the thoughts as a whole. Eg. By reading Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21

Analysis:

This method involves examining the Word carefully, eg.  The Bereans analysed the Word. – Acts 17:11

Chapter:

This involves selecting a specific chapter to study in s  special way. Eg. Psalm 23; 1 Corinthians 13 etc.,

Daily Things In Christian Life

Daily Renewing  of the inner Man – 2 Corinthians 4:16

Therefore we do not lose heart.  Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly  we are being renewed  day by day.

Daily Reading the Word of God – Nehemiah 8:18

 Day after day, from the first day to the last, Ezra read  from the Book of the Law  of God. They celebrated the festival for seven days, and on the eighth day, in accordance with the regulation,  there was an assembly.

Prayer

. Lord, when I think about all my mistakes, faults, sins, and bad habits, I realize how unworthy I am. I know how I have such a tendency toward sin, disobedience, and pride. I wish I could behave better, but I know I will never be all that I want to be for You. That makes me realize how great Your love for me is. That also makes me so grateful for Your love demonstrated in Your sending of Jesus, Your one, and only Son to die in my place to pay for all my sin. Though I'm not worthy of that, I thank You for it. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
[Message No: 6363]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment