About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, June 25, 2018

The Lord’s People – 1

. A Peculiar People

Deuteronomy 14:2

for you are a people holy  to the Lord your God.  Out of all the peoples on the face of the earth, the Lord has chosen you to be his treasured possession.

Titus 2:14

who gave himself for us  to redeem us from all wickedness  and to purify  for himself a people that are his very own,  eager to do what is good.

.. A Separated People

Exodus 33:16

How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us?  What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?”

John 15:19

If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you  out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

Freed Completely'

[Jesus said,] "A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever. So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free." -John 8:35-36

Salvation involves two great realities: 1) We are set free from our sins, and 2) we are adopted into God's family and become his children. Jesus is not only our Savior and Lord; he is also our older brother. God is not just the Almighty; he is also Abba Father. In Jesus, we are given our freedom to become all we are meant to be as God's children!

Prayer

. Lord, forgive me for letting the fear of the world and from the enemy slip into my heart, my mind, and my daily life. I want to live daily in Your peace from now on. Give me greater faith to trust in Your promises to see me through whatever I must face. Grant me rest in knowing that You are returning some day and will make all things right. You will be King of kings and Lord of lords, and help me serve You faithfully until that day arrives. Let Your peace in my life be visible to others living in fear. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

[Message No: 6371]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment