About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Christian Readiness



. Ready to Die – Acts 21:13

Then Paul answered, “Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die  in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.”

.. Ready to Meet the Lord – Luke 12:36

like servants waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him.

… Ready to Enter the Glory – Matthew 25:10

“But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet.  And the door was shut.

Two causes for want

Proverbs 22:16

One who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth

and one who gives gifts to the rich—both come to poverty.

God has made me Forget

Genesis 41:51

Joseph named his firstborn  Manasseh  and said, “It is because God has made me forget all my trouble and all my father’s household.”

All are against Me

Genesis 42:36

Their father Jacob said to them, “You have deprived me of my children. Joseph is no more and Simeon is no more,  and now you want to take Benjamin.  Everything is against me!

Prayer 

. Lord, I confess in the past that I have sought after an abundant life to use for my wants and my pleasures. I now realize that such a pursuit is little more than pure selfishness. Going forward from today, Lord, I want to be rich in good works. I want to make a difference in the world around me. I want to help people. I want to become known as a source of encouragement. And now, I know that this new way of life will be my focus. As I live this way, I know that You will give me all the things I need to accomplish this new way of living. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.
[Message No: 6389]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment