About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Two certain Things in the Bible

1] Life and Death – Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death,  but the gift of God is eternal life  in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2] Righteousness and Unrighteousness – Romans 6:18-22

You have been set free from sin  and have become slaves to righteousness.

    I am using an example from everyday life  because of your human limitations. Just as you used to offer yourselves as slaves to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer yourselves as slaves to righteousness  leading to holiness.   When you were slaves to sin,  you were free from the control of righteousness.    What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death!    But now that you have been set free from sin  and have become slaves of God,  the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.

3] High & Holy Place, Contrite & lowly spirit – Psalms 66:10

For you, God, tested  us; you refined us like silver.

That's All I Want

A little girl reciting the 23rd Psalm began, "The Lord is my shepherd; that's all I want." Maybe she missed the wording, but she sure got the theology right. To have Jesus as our shepherd is indeed a blessing. As he moves towards the cross, Jesus holds up this model of the good shepherd, reminding his listeners that a good shepherd would lay down his life for the sheep.

He would give his life to protect the sheep from thieves, wild animals, or whatever danger might confront the flock. We can give him our allegiance because of his commitment to us.

Only One Thing is Needed

1] To be certain of our salvation experience – John 9:25

He replied, “Whether he is a sinner or not, I don’t know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!”

2] To press on forward – Philippians 3:13

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do:
Forgetting what is behind  and straining toward what is ahead,

3] To dwell in the House of the Lord – Psalm 27:4

One thing  I ask from the Lord,  this only do I seek:

 that I may dwell in the house of the Lord  all the days of my life,  to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.

[Message No: 6397]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment