About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, July 6, 2018

Love, what it matters

 “Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.” – John 14:21

Love is much more than a feeling or an attitude: love is an action. When we love, we show it by our deeds. As disciples of Jesus, our love is shown by our obedience to the things Jesus taught. Of course, that obedience brings an incredible blessing — Jesus reveals himself to those that obey him!

Thoughts 

"Faith is believing in advance what can only be understood in reverse." - Chuck Swindoll

"I tell you, if you are serious about wanting to be like Christ, He is going to put you in circumstances where your only true choice is to become like Him." - Francis Frangipane

Prayer 

. Forgive me, generous LORD, for my selfishness and greed. Please give me a heart like yours. You demonstrated that heart when you shared your most precious gift with sinners like me. Now I am a child at your table and an heir of your inheritance. Thank you for your grace! Please, dear Lord, bless me with your Spirit who seeks to bring about a generous and gracious heart within me. In the name of the greatest gift of all, Jesus of Bethlehem, I pray. Amen.

The Lord who heals you

Exodus 15:26

He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep  all his decrees,  I will not bring on you any of the diseases  I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals  you.”

This is the Bread

Exodus 16:15

When the Israelites saw it, they said to each other, “What is it?” For they did not know  what it was.
 Moses said to them, “It is the bread  the Lord has given you to eat.

[Message No: 6392]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment