About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, July 19, 2018

God is at work

 “For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD; I sing for joy at the works of your hands.” – Psalm 92:4

Gaze into the heavens on a dark night and see the wonders of the starry hosts. Think of the incredible diversity of earth's wonders. Look at your own life and see the fingerprints of God's work in your own experience (Rom. 8:28).

As Jesus said, our Father is working still (John 5:17). Yes, it does make us glad to know that we are not alone in working our own life (Psalm 139; Phil. 2:13). There is a deep-seated joy at knowing that the LORD, Creator of the universe is at work in us and for us. No wonder singing praise is such a natural response for us!

He is Good

1 Chronicles 16:34

Give thanks  to the Lord, for he is good;
 his love endures forever.

Seek My Face

2 Chronicles 7:14

if my people, who are called by my name,  will humble  themselves and pray and seek my face  and turn  from their wicked ways, then I will hear  from heaven, and I will forgive  their sin and will heal  their land.

Prayer 

. Eternal God, please give me patience and endurance as I search your Scriptures to know and understand your truth. I am amazed at the incredible things you did to redeem and bless your people in the Old Testament. I am absolutely astonished at what you were able to do with Jesus' rag-tag bunch of disciples. Please, O God, inspire my hope so that I will expect something great from your hand and then live to see you accomplish it in my day. May this, as well as all other things in my life, be to your honor and glory. In Jesus' mighty name I pray. Amen.

Thoughts 

"It is easy to want things from the Lord and yet not want the Lord Himself, as though the gift could ever be preferable to the Giver." - St. Augustine of Hippo

"Cure yourself of the condition of bothering about how you look to other people. Be concerned only . . . with the idea God has of you." - Miguel de Unamuno

[Message No: 6412]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment