About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Believe in Him

 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.” – John 17:20-21

Few things are more precious than knowing that Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, thought to pray for us! So often, we read the words of John 17 and study them as a prayer for his apostles in the upper room.

But if we look closely at this passage, we see that Jesus prays for us, those who believe on him because of the apostles' testimony. He wants us to be one! He wants us to live with the same unity, purpose, and character of God that he did. If we do not, then how will the world know that God sent his Son? How will they know what to believe? How will they find Jesus as their Savior?

In the end, nothing to Fear

Genesis 49:33

When Jacob had finished giving instructions to his sons, he drew his feet up into the bed, breathed his last and was gathered to his people.

Laid aside for a Time

Exodus 3:1

Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro  his father-in-law, the priest of Midian,  and he led the flock to the far side of the wilderness and came to Horeb,  the mountain  of God.

Prayer 

. Lord, when it seems like things are falling apart and there's no hope of getting through a situation without disaster befalling me, remind me that You've got this. Help me to keep life in perspective, trusting that You will make a way. Give me confidence in You, Lord, not me. I know You have a purpose, and I should be learning something important from every difficulty. So open my eyes to see what You want me to see. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Evangelism
"A church in the land without the Spirit is rather a curse than a blessing. If you have not the Spirit of God, Christian worker, remember that you stand in somebody else's way; you are a fruitless tree standing where a fruitful tree might grow."– C. H. Spurgeon

[Message No: 6382]



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment