About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, July 9, 2018

My grace is sufficient for you

 “But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.” - 2 Corinthians 12:9

While other preachers in Paul's day were parading around their credentials, Paul refused to get into a bragging contest to prove he was the most impressive of Jesus' disciples. Even though he had the religious education and Jewish pedigree to silence his rivals, he preferred to acknowledge the areas of his weakness where God had triumphed over his own limitations. Let's be careful today about examining and determining the ministry-worth of someone based on his or her resume. Instead, let's look for people in whom God's grace has triumphed.

Thoughts 

"The man who is not sanctified to the extent of obeying God rather than Satan has not been justified either, making it an obvious fact that he is never saved without either." - Burton Coffman

"I believe in God, and I believe in human decency. But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour — his greatest fulfilment to all he holds dear — is that moment when he has to work his heart out in a good cause and he's exhausted on the field of battle-victorious." - Vince Lombardi

"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate." - Nikka, age 6

God’s Plan

 “Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.”  - Proverbs 19:21
"What are your plans for today?" If you are like me, you prayerfully try to plan your day. You make appointments with people in the future so you can address their needs, hear their concerns, or discuss issues and projects. But, we need to always live humbly, recognizing that none of our plans will be of value unless those plans come from the Father!

Prayer 

. Father, strengthen my resolve as I turn away from evil and seek to draw near to you. I don't want any imitation relationship with you. I don't want some artificial symbol of you. I want to know you. I want to experience your presence and to be used as your tool of grace in the lives of others. I need your presence to settle the disquietude of my soul. Thank you for being near. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

[Message No: 6398]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment