About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spirit of Peace


Spirit of Peace

“Gideon built an altar’…and named it The LORD Is Peace.” – Judges 6:24

“Y-y-you b-b-better get somebody else,” we stammer. But then God reminds us that he knows we can’t, but he can, and to prove it he gives a wonderful gift. He brings a spirit of peace. A peace before the storm. A peace beyond logic . . . He gave it to David after he showed him Goliath; he gave it to Saul after he showed him the gospel; he gave it to Jesus after he showed him the cross.

It’s not Fair

“Guide me in your truth, and teach me, my God, my Savior.”…Psalm 24:5

“It’s not fair,” we say. It’s not fair that I was born in poverty or that I sing so poorly or that I run so slowly. But the scales of life were forever tipped on the side of fairness when God planted a tree in the Garden of Eden. All complaints were silenced when Adam and his descendants were given free will, the freedom to make whatever eternal choice we desire. Any injustice in this life is offset by the honor of choosing our destiny in the next.

He Clothes Us

“You did not save yourselves; it was a gift from God.” – Ephesians 2:8

We hide. He seeks. We bring sin. He brings a sacrifice. We try fig leaves. He brings the robe of righteousness. And we are left to sing the song of the prophet: “He has covered me with the clothes of salvation and wrapped me with a coat of goodness, like a bridegroom dressed for his wedding, like a bride dressed in jewels” (Isa. 61:10).

God has clothed us. He protects us with a cloak of love.

We Know

That we know Him

1 John 2:3 

We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.
         
             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment